Riverwood Community Centre is looking to hire a part time NDIS Support Coordinator
We are a Not for Profit Neighbourhood Centre that has operated in Riverwood for over 40 years, and has an outstanding reputation in working for the local community. We are a diverse organisation with over 160 employees and volunteers, structured and staffed to service a community of all ages and backgrounds. The board of Riverwood Community Centre (RCC) is fully committed to the local community and maintains strong ongoing relationships with our stakeholders. We work closely with individuals, families and community groups through a wide range of programs. These include Children’s Services, Family Support and Youth Services, NDIS support, Aged Care Services and Community Development.
About the role?
As the NDIS support coordinator you will assist NDIS participants in the support coordination and implementation of all supports in their funded plan including informal, mainstream and community supports as well as funded supports.
You will need to build a strong relationship with participants, their families and carers in coordinating their NDIS plans, identifying, connecting and negotiating with appropriate providers to deliver quality and timely service.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
As a Support Coordinator you will assist participants to achieve their goals by coordinating supports and assisting each participant to exercise full choice and control and you must meet the following criteria:-
- Strong understanding of the NDIS and the role of an NDIS support coordinator
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills particularly when engaging with participants from CALD backgrounds.
- Proven experience in building and maintaining professional, client focused relationships.
- Proven experience in creating increased opportunities for people with mental health issue and connecting to local communities.
- Proven experience in providing expert advice to participants, their families and carers of the changes in the NDIS regulations.
What’s in it for you?
- Do something you love and change people’s lives while joining an established and values driven organisation.
- Competitive remuneration package + NFP salary packaging.
- Supportive and collaborative workplace culture.
- Opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding role with excellent professional develop potentials.
To apply for this role please read the Job Description on our website riverwoodcommunity.org.au and email a cover letter, your current resume and a statement addressing the essential criteria to HumanResources@riverwoodcommunity.org.au
Applications close by 6.00pm on Wednesday 10th March 2021.
Driver license, WWC and Criminal Record check required. As an EEO employer we welcome applications from people of LGBTQA backgrounds.