Community Development & Information Officer
- Permanent Part Time contracted positon – 30 hrs per week
- Riverwood location
- Join a well-established community organisation
- SCHADS Grade 3 pay level depends on experience
Riverwood Community Centre is a Not for Profit Neighbourhood Centre that has operated in Riverwood for over 40 years, and has an outstanding reputation in working for the local community. We are a diverse organisation, structured and staffed to service a community of all ages and backgrounds.
This role will work closely with the Community Development Team Leader to provide information and referral services, including reception, to communities within Riverwood and surrounding areas; assist with the delivery of community development programs; and liaise with volunteers, auspiced organisations and activity groups. The position will assist with the delivery of a range of programs including:
- Riverwood Community Choir
- Riverwood Community Garden
- Riverwood Men’s Shed
- Active Social Group
- Events, workshops, and open days.
- Relevant tertiary or vocational qualifications in Social Sciences and/or equivalent experience
- Current Criminal History Clearance and Working with Children Check
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Excellent problem solving skills to assist members of the community and/or respond to issues of concern
- Knowledge of appropriate referral pathways
- Knowledge and understanding of how to successfully engage with people from diverse backgrounds and Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander communities
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment encompassing a range of differing activities
- Ability to do light garden maintenance work, for example weeding and rubbish collection
- Excellent computer literacy, familiar with Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Ability to speak Mandarin or another community language
- Understanding of the Targeted Early Intervention framework
- Understanding of outcomes measurement
- Experience in developing community programs
For more info
contact the service manager Nadia on 95330100
To be successful in this role you will be required to obtain a satisfactory Criminal check and a Working with the children check.
To apply for this role please read the job description on our website riverwoodcommunity.org.au and email a cover letter, your current resume and a statement addressing the essential criteria to
Applications close by Monday 21st September 2020.
Negotiable salary package.
WWC and Criminal Record check required.