Appointed Member of the Board of Directors (Voluntary)
Riverwood Community Centre (RCC) is a not-for-profit company that has operated as a Neighbourhood Centre in Riverwood for over 40 years and has an outstanding reputation in working for the local community. RCC is a diverse organisation, structured and staffed to service a community of all ages and backgrounds.
RCC supports the local community through the provision of information, referral and social inclusion. We deliver specific programs and activities that support children, youth, families and older people.
RCC’s provides a range of high quality services to meet the needs of individuals and communities, in a caring and inclusive environment, so community members can actively participate in decisions that affect the quality of their lives.
For more information on our mission and purpose, please visit our website
We are seeking applications from highly motivated and experienced candidates to join the RCC Board of Directors. This is a voluntary position and the successful candidates will work with existing Board Members who are passionate about the local community and the ongoing success of RCC.
We are seeking a collaborative professional with exceptional governance skills and demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas – risk management, clinical governance, legal requirements, information management and technology, quality assurance, marketing, financial management, human resources, asset and facility management, grant writing, or fundraising.
If you are a confident, proactive, leader with excellent communication skills and you are renowned for your integrity, commitment and reliability, we are keen to hear from you.
The Board supports the work of RCC and provides leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by RCC’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. This is a non-executive Appointed Director position for a three year term and you will be responsible, as a member of the Board, for leadership, governance and oversight.
This will include but is not limited to:
- Attending monthly Board meetings and reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving RCC’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as the RCC Strategic Plan is developed and implemented
- Reviewing outcomes and measures created by RCC for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics;
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the CEO
- Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutionsare carried out
- Serving on sub-committees or taking on special projects
- Representing RCC to stakeholders and acting as an ambassador for the
- Ensuring RCC’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities RCC serves
RCC’s Board Members serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for an additional term. Board meetings will be held monthly and sub-committee meetings are held as required. Service on RCC’s Board of Directors is without remuneration.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about RCC’s mission and who has a track record of Board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the non-profit sector.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the non-profit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of RCC’s local community and service recipients, preferably based on experience
- Well-developed diplomacy skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of RCC service recipients and the local community
To apply for this role please send your cover letter, your current resume and an application addressing all relevant criteria to Michelle.N@riverwoodcommunity.org.au
Applications close by 6.00pm on Friday 19th June 2020.
If you require any further information please contact Michelle Newman (CEO) or Karl Saleh (Chairperson) on 95330100
Working with Children and Criminal Record checks are required for all RCC Board members.