Family Support Service Case Worker
Permanent Part-time 18 Hours per week
SCHADS Award Grade 3, pay level determined according to experience
Riverwood Community Centre is a long established, large, multi-program, Neighborhood Centre in South West Sydney, providing a range of services across the region for over 40 years.
The Family Support Service delivers a range of programs and activities aiming to enhance families’ capacity to support the growth and development of all family members.
We are seeking a qualified, experienced, creative and energetic Case Worker who will work under the direction of the Team Leader & Manager, Children Youth and Family Services to oversee the delivery of services to families and children in Riverwood and surrounding areas.
The Family Support Worker will work as a member of the Family Support team to:
- Provide effective case management to families at risk who reside in Riverwood and surrounding areas
- Provide one-on-one intervention to families, including community and home visiting and practical support
- Co-facilitate the Parents’ Support Group Program on Wednesdays between 10:00am -12:00pm (with exception of excursions) during the school term with a Project Worker from Wesley Mission.
- In collaboration with other community agency staff, deliver other short term programs that promote positive and dynamic approaches to parenting, early childhood education and intervention, and child and family wellbeing
The worker will follow Family Support Service Case Management Policy and Procedure by:
- Ensuring all new referrals and assessments are passed on to the Family Support Team Leader for further processing.
- Informing referrers of the outcome of the assessment meeting
- Completing the Family Support Intake Form and Case Plan with new clients.
- Ensuring that all new clients sign the Consent to Exchange Information Form and the agreed upon Case Plan Form.
- Completing case notes in the client’s folder after each contact
- Completing the Exit Plan Form with the client upon completion of Case Plan or change of area.
- Has extensive experience in casework, case management and in providing support, referrals and follow up with families and children in needs of support.
- Has sound knowledge of issues affecting CALD families with children 0-12 years
- Can demonstrate experience in working with families, children and young people using strengths-based and family-centred approach, to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Understanding of TEI or relevant legislations and how it relates to the care and protection of children.
- Has highly developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and advocate on behalf of families.
- Can demonstrate community sector experience.
- Has knowledge and experience in group processes and facilitation, especially with vulnerable families and children
- Has experience in planning, implementing and evaluating parenting workshops, information sessions, trainings, projects relevant to families and children
- Has sound understanding of networks and is able to utilise them effectively.
- Is reliable, professional able to meet deadlines, work independently and participate as part of the team
- WWCC and criminal check required
Applications addressing the essential criteria with covering letter need to be received by no longer than Monday 15th October 2018 addressed to CYFS Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Written applications should be addressed to:
The Children Services Manager
Riverwood Community Centre
151 Belmore Road North