Community Development Team Leader
Are you an experienced Community Development Team Leader who is committed to making a positive change in the community? Come and join our team!
The Community Development Team Leader is a part- time contracted position 30 Hours per week with negotiable salary depending on experience and PBI salary packaging available.
Riverwood Community Centre is a Not for Profit Community Centre that has operated in Riverwood for over 40 years and has an outstanding reputation for working collaboratively with the local community. We are a diverse organisation, structured and staffed to service a community of all ages and backgrounds. RCC is fully committed to the local community and maintains strong ongoing relationships with our stakeholders.
This team has been restructured and this will provide an opportunity for you to play to your strengths and develop the role. Reporting to the CYFS Manager and working with a skilled and dedicated team your role will identify community needs in the Riverwood, Punchbowl and surrounding areas and develop strategies and partnerships that strengthen these communities. This will include the co-ordination of information and referral processes; and the development of programs and activities that are innovative, inclusive and responsive.
- Experience in leading a team and supervising staff.
- Proven experience in identifying and developing community initiatives.
- Strong knowledge, understanding and engagement skills working with diverse communities.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Targeted Early Intervention reform (TEI).
- Proven experience in research and report writing with the ability to interpret and present data.
- Ability to represent the organisation in a range of situations from everyday interactions to large group sessions.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, recruiting and leading – staff, volunteers, students and community groups.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Ability to speak a second language.
- Current Driver’s License
- At least 2 years supervisory experience
To apply for this role please read the job description on our website riverwoodcommunity.org.au and email a cover letter, your current resume and an application addressing the essential criteria to Joanne.R@riverwoodcommunity.org.au
Working with Children and Criminal Record check required
Applications close by Friday 16 August 2019