We are a Not for Profit Neighborhood Centre that has operated in Riverwood for over 40 years, and has an outstanding reputation in working for the local community. We are a diverse organisation with over 160 employees and volunteers, structured and staffed to service a community of all ages and backgrounds. The board of Riverwood Community Centre (RCC) is fully committed to the local community and maintains strong ongoing relationships with our stakeholders. We work closely with individuals, families and community groups through a wide range of programs. These include Children’s Services, Family Support and Youth Services, NDIS support, Aged Care Services and Community Development.
About the role?
As the Finance Officer you will provide accounting reconciliation, budgeting preparation, acquittals, payroll preparation, reporting to funding bodies both external bodies and internal management. To be responsible for financial system and provide accurate analysis and reporting.
You will be a Chartered Accountant with a relevant tertiary degree, proficient in financial systems including payroll
You are confident, proactive, hands on, with excellent people management and communications skills at all levels and renowned for your ability to “get the job done”.
Reporting to the CEO, the Finance Officer will be responsible for:
- Financial planning and analysis for all the businesses.
- Analyzing financial statements and predicting the future performance of Riverwood Community Centre including forecasting future revenues and expenditures, as well as modeling capital structure and budgeting.
- Tracks financial status by monitoring variances from plan. Reporting to management and board their analysis and contributing to shaping the strategic planning of the Riverwood Community Centre.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
To have success as the Finance Officer you must meet the following criteria:-
- High level understanding of financial systems, reporting and business modeling
- Demonstrated ability in preparing budgets and profit and loss statement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience in general ledger accounts payable, and accounts receivables.
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Good business acumen
- Experience with preparing payroll
- Understanding of the acquittal process
What’s in it for you?
- Do something you love and change people’s lives while joining an established and values driven organisation.
- Competitive remuneration package + NFP salary packaging.
- Supportive and collaborative workplace culture.
- Opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding role with excellent professional develop potentials.
To apply for this role please read the Job Description on our website riverwoodcommunity.org.au and email a cover letter, your current resume and a statement addressing the essential criteria to HumanResources@riverwoodcommunity.org.au
Applications close by 6.00pm on Friday 2nd April 2021.
WWC and Criminal Record check required. As an EEO employer we welcome applications from people of LGBTQA backgrounds.