Family Service Team Leader
Are you an experienced (Family Services) Team Leader who is committed to making a positive change for families in the community? Come and join our team!
The Family Support Services Team Leader is a part- time contracted position 35 Hours per week with negotiable salary depending on experience and PBI salary packaging available.
Riverwood Community Centre is a Not for Profit Community Centre that has operated in Riverwood for over 40 years and has an outstanding reputation for working collaboratively with the local community. We are a diverse organisation, structured and staffed to service a community of all ages and backgrounds. RCC is fully committed to the local community and maintains strong ongoing relationships with our stakeholders.
The Family Services Team provides a range of programs and activities designed to support the growth and development of all family members through supported group work, individual casework and community connection. Reporting to the Manager and working with a skilled and dedicated team your role will encourage creative strategies that strengthen the capacity of families and children to achieve positive outcomes and build resilience. The Team Leader will work with staff to transition to a Targeted Early Intervention framework.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences (or equivalent)
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop and engage effectively with staff, families and the community
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection, risk minimisation strategies, safety planning, early intervention and prevention for families and children.
- Proven experience in research and report writing with the ability to interpret and present data
- Ability to identify and develop networks and collaborations with relevant stakeholders
- Experience in case management and development of strategies and processes that improve outcomes for families and children.
- Knowledge and understanding of the TEI Reform
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Current Criminal History Clearance and Working with Children Check
- At least 2 years supervisory experience
- Ability to speak a second language
- Current Driver’s License
To apply for this role please read the Position Description and email a cover letter, your current resume and an application addressing the essential criteria to Joanne.R@riverwoodcommunity.org.au
Applications close by Friday 1st November 2019
Position Description: Family Services Team Leader – Position Description v2