Aged and Disability Services Manager
We are a Not for Profit Neighbourhood Centre that has operated in Riverwood for over 40 years, and has an outstanding reputation in working for the local community. We are a diverse organisation with over 160 employees and volunteers, structured and staffed to service a community of all ages and backgrounds. The board of Riverwood Community Centre (RCC) is fully committed to the local community and maintains strong ongoing relationships with our stakeholders. We work closely with individuals, families and community groups through a wide range of programs. These include Children’s Services, Family Support and Youth Services, NDIS support, Aged Care Services and Community Development.
About the role?
As the Aged and Disability service manager you will provide leadership and management across all disability and aged care services, working effectively and collaboratively as part as a member of the senior management team.
You will be a collaborative professional with exceptional management skills. Experienced in Aged and Disability Service provision.
You are confident, proactive, hands on, with excellent people management and communications skills at all levels and renowned for your ability to “get the job done”.
Reporting to the CEO, the Aged and Disability Services Manager will be responsible for:
- Building respectful, equitable and inclusive programs
- Organising and delivering through your leadership, the growth and compliance of both Aged and Disability Program streams
- Ensuring an understanding of sector issues and reforms
What are we looking for in a candidate?
To have success as the Aged and Disability Service Manager you will be a committed and energetic leader who is committed to the delivery of high-quality services that focus on choice, respect and inclusion for people living with a disability, people who are aging, and their carers. You must meet the following criteria:-
- Demonstrated experience in an operational leadership role, in the Aged and Disability sector, where you have led and developed a team through periods of change in a positive and inclusive manner
- Understanding and demonstrated experience meeting the needs of people who are aging, living with a disability and their carers
- Understanding and knowledge in relation to contemporary reforms, legislation, and standards impacting the age and disability sector
- Highly developed communication, IT, negotiation, problem-solving and analytical skills preferably an understanding of a second language.
- Good ability in budget development and financial oversight
- Strong knowledge, understanding and engagement experience in working Communities preferably with CALD backgrounds
- Proven experience in identifying, recruiting and leading volunteers, student placement and community based groups.
What’s in it for you?
- Do something you love and change people’s lives while joining an established and values driven organisation.
- Competitive remuneration package + NFP salary packaging.
- Supportive and collaborative workplace culture.
- Opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding role with excellent professional develop potentials.
To apply for this role please read the Job Description on our website riverwoodcommunity.org.au and email a cover letter, your current resume and a statement addressing the essential criteria to HumanResources@riverwoodcommunity.org.au
Applications close by 6.00pm on Friday 26th March 2021.
Driver license, WWC and Criminal Record check required. As an EEO employer we welcome applications from people of LGBTQA backgrounds.