Family Support Service Team Leader
Permanent Part-time 35 Hours per week, Mon-Friday, Contract position for 12 months.
SCHADS Award Grade 5, pay level determined according to experience
Riverwood Community Centre is a long established, large, multi-program, Neighbourhood Centre in South West Sydney, providing a range of services across the region for over 40 years.
The Family Support Service delivers a range of programs and activities aiming to enhance families’ capacity to support the growth and development of all family members.
We are seeking a qualified, experienced, creative and energetic Team Leader who will work under the direction of the Manager, Children Youth and Family Services to oversee the delivery of services to families and children in Riverwood and surrounding areas.
- Provide leadership and supervision of team members
- Case management, developing and facilitating Family Support programs
- Ensure clear work plans and objectives for staff
- Lead the Family Support Team in the delivery of effective service
- Promotion and development of the service
Essential criteria include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Science, Community Welfare or other relevant areas
- Sound knowledge of child protection issues and current relevant legislation
- Experience in program planning, group facilitation training and experience
- Experience in supervising, leading and motivating a team minimum two years experience
- Demonstrated ability to identify, initiate and develop relationships and work collaboratively with relevant partners and service providers within the sector.
- Ability to work cross culturally
- Ability to identify and ensure the implementation of case management processes appropriate to meet the families and children’s needs.
- Strong Knowledge and understanding of the TEI Reform
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound computer skills
- Current drivers licence and own vehicle
- Current and valid Work with the Children and Criminal Check
- A community language would be an advantage.
For more information about the position contact email@example.com
For information package contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must address the full list of essential criteria listed in the Job Description and close by Wed 21st Feb 2018
Written applications should be addressed to:
The Children Services Manager
Riverwood Community Centre
151 Belmore Road North
Attachment: PD Family Support Team Leader